Presidential Installation Recap: Celebrating NDA and Our Message 

During the last week of September, NDA celebrated the Installation of our president, Mrs. Annemarie Lynch Kenneally. Of course, we’ve known Mrs. Kenneally for a while by now; we’ve seen her smiling at us and asking us about the school from time to time. However, since she wasn’t officially our president yet, we needed an event to celebrate her installation and bring our community together. Our week was full of events to raise our awareness about the NDA global community. The week was concluded with a mass and reception outside on the amphitheater to celebrate. 

On Wednesday, September 25th,  SNDdeN Lorraine Connell gave a speech on the NDA community. She told us about the new school in Nigeria that the Sisters founded, and how we can support the students there. Afterward, students participated in workshops designed to facilitate cooperation and service in our school environment. There were many different activities, ranging from students packing lunches for the people at Father Bill’s, to others making children’s books or friendship bracelets.  

On Friday, September 27th, we had the presidential installation. After classes, there was a mass, for which we welcomed many guests. NDA invited many priests from the surrounding areas and many Sisters of Notre Dame. President Kenneally was blessed by the students, by guests, and by the invited priests and sisters. Afterward, she gave a speech about the power of girls’ education.

We ended the day with a celebration outdoors on the amphitheater. Under the tent, we had refreshments, which everyone enjoyed. The entire NDA community, including students, faculty parents, alumnae, and more celebrated this event together. It brought us together and helped us celebrate our message. As a community, we are so grateful for this event and for President Kenneally! Thanks to all that made this event possible.