Scoop on Stuco

Julia Oleksiak '15

What a busy few months it has been!  Following the annual movie night, the Student Council began to prepare for Heritage Day. This year, Heritage Day held great significance as it marked the welcoming of both the freshmen and the Cuvilly Division. The Talent Show kicked off the day with many wonderful performances. The NDA basketball team even made an appearance by singing and dancing to classic High school Musical songs! Afterwards, the girls headed out to enjoy Powder Puff football and other field games. Following Mass, the day came to a close as the new students were welcomed with necklaces. Thank you to all faculty and Council members who helped out. We could not have done it without you!

trophy
Elizabeth Hanley ’16 standing with the trophy.

In the middle of the World Series, NDA was able to score a day with the World Series trophy. Thanks to Nicole Newman, a member of the class of 2016, the students had the opportunity to check out the trophy in the gymnasium on Friday, October 25.  Additionally, students also were able to pay a dollar and dress down in Red Sox gear to celebrate.  The collected money is being donated to the Jimmy Fund.  It was wonderful to see all of the girls dressed in red, white, and blue to support the Red Sox!

With Halloween right around the corner, the Council has been discussing ideas to celebrate.  It has finally been decided that door decorating is the way to go!  Therefore, on Halloween, the girls will decorate their homeroom doors in hopes of winning the competition. The homeroom that wins will be rewarded with munchkins! This event will mark the end of an exciting first semester. We cannot wait to see what is to come!