Scoop on STUCO

Julia Oleksiak '15

Although it is hard to believe that summer is over and school has started, Student Council is jumping right back into things. The team worked very hard to make sure that the 2nd annual Movie on the Lawn was perfect. They definitely pulled it off! This year, students and friends watched the hilarious classic, Cheaper by the Dozen. Despite the brisk fall air, a feeling of excitement filled the crowd. Because this was the first school-wide event for many of the seventh and ninth graders, it was a thrilling evening. Unlike last year, when the screen began to collapse in the middle of the film, this year had no technical difficulties. A new addition to the festivities was free popcorn for everyone. Also, treats such as Starbursts and drinks were available for sale. Thank you to all of the Council members, faculty, and parents who made this night possible. It was a huge success!

While Movie Night may be over, the fun has just begun. Heritage Day came right after Movie Night and was a massive success. Between the DJ and capture the flag the school spirit permeated the students.  Before we know it, Cotillion will be here as well as the many events leading up to the holidays. The Student Council is already hard at work planning its events and taking details such as event food into very careful consideration.  This year promises to be one of the best!