Scoop on Stucco

With spring right around the corner, Student Council recently organized the annual Spirit Week! However, while the Council did repeat some of the activities from previous years, they also came up with new, original events. The most exciting moments of the celebration began after school on Tuesday during the March Madness Student/Faculty Basketball Game. New this year, many NDA students played a tough game against some of the faculty such as Mrs. Delaney and Ms. Hurley. Prior to the game, the teachers had met to practice, and, according to a close source, they could even be heard chanting, “No mercy!” Unfortunately, this practice did not pay off considering that the teachers lost the game to the students. Nevertheless, the music and treats from the Bake Sale kept smiles of the faces of all. The next day, Wednesday, Spirit Week continued with a dress down day. This dress down was unique; all students had to dress as something/someone that began with an “N,” “D,” or “A.” For example, students were able to dress as a nurse, doctor, or astronaut. A strong influence from the popular TV show Grey’s Anatomy was certainly seen, as the hallways were alive with countless nurses and doctors. On Thursday, the Council continued the tradition of serving ice cream sundaes at lunch. Of course, this activity was a giant hit among the students. Overall, the Student Council Spirit Week was a huge success; thank you to all who were involved!