Performance Fit for Broadway!

Sally Stover '15

The Cardinal Cushing auditorium here at Notre Dame was filled with beautiful music from famous theatrical productions recently. Our fall musical was An Evening with Rodgers and Hammerstein and Andrew Lloyd Webber. Friday’s opening night performance, was packed with eager viewer’s ready for a night of music. The show ran three times over the weekend, on Friday the 21 Saturday the 22, and finally on Sunday the 23. The musical was dynamic and ever changing, it featured surprise guests and was a night nobody will soon forget.

The musical featured songs from notable Broadway musicals such as Sound of Music, Cats, Phantom of the Opera, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat were all showcased. Teachers and students alike were featured in the musical. Sister Mary Janice, could be found in the choir along with various alumnae, and Ms. Corkery sang a beautiful rendition of “People Will Say we’re in Love” from Oklahoma. The students role in the musical was also notable. Colleen Doyle and Julia Madden, both seniors, preformed a lively duo of “Cain’t Say No” from Oklahoma and Amelia Wheeler sang a heart throbbing version of “Memory” from Cats. Delia Grant gave a jaw-dropping rendition of “All the Love I have” from The Beautiful Game. The level of talent was baffling, and the execution was seamless, making this an unforgettable musical.

The play went smoothly under the remarkable guidance of Ms. Abby Russell, Director of Performing Arts here at NDA.  It was enjoyed by the parents, students, and teachers who attended. Jillian Fabiano, who was part of the choir, commented on the play “The musical was a fantastic experience to be a part of. I grew close to the cast and witnessed talents that I’m sure will be on Broadway. I will never forget this musical and the lessons it gave me!”

The musical was one of NDA’s finest presentations, and we are all honored to have such talented students and teachers in our community.