Vegan and Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins | Courtesy of Oh She Glows
You will need –
3 tablespoons (45 mL) water
1 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée
1/4 cup (60 mL) melted coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground chia seed
1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats,
blended into a fine flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
2/3 cup non-dairy chocolate chips or
Preheat Oven to 350!
1. Add the rolled oats to a high-speed blender and
blend on high until a fine flour forms. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the ground
chia seed and water until combined. Set aside for a
few minutes to thicken.
3. In the same bowl, add the rest of the wet
ingredients (pumpkin, oil, sugar, maple syrup, and
vanilla) and stir until smooth.
4. Add the dry ingredients (oat flour, cocoa powder,
pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and
salt) to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Whisk until
5. Set aside 1/4 cup of chocolate chips for the
topping and stir the remaining chips into the batter.
6. Spoon the batter into the paper muffin tin liners,
filling each two-thirds full. Press the remaining
chocolate chips into the tops of each muffin.
7. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes (22 mins
works best), until a toothpick inserted into the middle
comes out clean.
8. Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack for 10
Hope you enjoy!