Club Information

Club Information

As we settle into the new school year and close the fall sport season, many wonder what they can do to involve themselves in clubs and extra-curricular activities. Recognizing this, I met with Ms. Cunningham, the Dean of Students, to learn of the clubs offered at our school.

Babysitters Club

Advisor: Mrs. Powers

Meeting day: As advertised

Book Club

Advisor: Ms. Warner

Meeting day: As advertised

Meeting location: Library

Chinese Culture and Language Club

The goal of the Chinese Club is to provide students opportunities to learn more about China and for students who are taking Chinese to use their language skills outside the classroom.  Annual activities include celebrating traditional Chinese festivals, learning about Chinese tea culture, and learning Chinese folk dancing.(via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Ms. Li

Meeting day: One Wednesday a month at 2:30 P.M.

Meeting location: Room 304

Computer Team

The Computer Team allows to students to further develop their interest in basic computer science skills. Members are introduced to computer related topics, such as Binary Numbers, and use what they learn throughout the year in a series of competitions. The computer team competes in four American Computer Science League Competitions. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Mrs. Cheyne

Meeting day: Mondays at 2:30 P.M.

Meeting location: Room 317

Cooking/Food Club

Advisor: Mr. Rose

Meeting day: 1st and 4th Mondays of the month at 2:30 P.M.

Meeting location: 1st Monday in Room 303, 4th Monday in Dining Hall

Cougars for the Cure

This club focus on three significant women’s health issues: ovarian cancer, breast cancer, and heart disease. The goal of the club is to create awareness, to educate, and to complete small fundraising initiatives for respective organizations. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Dr. Sanchez-Morgan

Meeting day: as advertised

Meeting location: library

Debate Club

Through weekly meetings, students learn the principles of debate (short v. long formats), practice public speaking, and review tips for difficult dialogues. The team plans to participate in the competitive debate season during the school year. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Ms. Kelley

Meeting day: 2nd and 4th Friday of the month 2:30-3 P.M.

Meeting location: Room 333

French Club

The French Club will celebrate the culture and heritage of French-speaking nations. Through organized fieldtrips to French restaurants and cultural exhibits along with enjoying French movies and music, members of the club will gain an appreciation of all-things Françoise! (via www.ndahingham.com )

Meeting day: as advertised

Meeting location: as advertised

Growing Greener

Advisor: Mrs. Matthei

Meeting day: Every other Tuesday 2:30 P.M.

Meeting location: Room 333

Helpers & Healers

The Helpers and Healers members explore various healthcare careers through guest speakers and sharing of experiences. Club members also learn about health and wellness issues that affect young women and promote awareness among their peers. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Mrs. Vazza

Meeting day: as advertised

Meeting location: as advertised

Key Club

Key Club is NDA’s in-school service group and members act as official representatives to the public at Open Houses and other school events, frequently interacting with prospective students and parents. It is the responsibility of Key Club members to promote school spirit and service to our immediate school community. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Ms. Simmons

Meeting day: as advertised

Meeting location: as advertised

Math Team

The Math Team is open to students from each grade, and brings students with a common enthusiasm for mathematics together. The team meets regularly in preparation for monthly competitions, held at local high schools. A spirited group, these students are committed to their own advancement of mathematics. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Mrs. Coghlan

Meeting day: Thursdays 2:30-3:15 P.M.

Meeting location: Room 318

Model UN

Model UN gives students the opportunity to participate in simulations of the United Nations in debating world issues. The group meets and researches articles based on world issues and plans for conferences held periodically throughout the year. NDA travels to schools such as BC High, Xaverian, and Brown University to compete in these simulations. For students interested in world issues, international relations, and debating, this club offers students a first-hand account of how the UN works.  (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Mrs. Kelley

Meeting location: Room 227

Neuroscience Club

Advisor: Mrs. Bianchi

Meeting day: Every other Tuesdays 2:30-3:15 P.M.

Meeting location: Room 326

Robotics

Working as a team, students spends time assembling their own robot and participate in state competitions throughout the year. A terrific opportunity for students interested in engineering, this group gives students the chance to expand on concepts learned in physics and apply them to real life. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Mr. Malaxos

Meeting day: Wednesdays 2:30 P.M.

Meeting location: Room 330 or Robotics Cage

SADD

Advisor: Mrs. Martin

Meeting day: as advertised

Meeting location: as advertised

Save Our Animals

This club seeks to educate the community about the suffering of animals and to increase awareness that millions of animals are mistreated each year. The club plans to volunteer at animal shelters and bring in guest speakers who can share their knowledge and expertise in the field. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Mrs. Kelley

Meeting day: as advertised

Meeting location: as advertised

Science Club

Students interested in the study of science are encouraged to join this club and gain knowledge and experience concerning a variety of scientific topics. Meeting monthly, students share their experiences, listen to guest speakers, and carry out various scientific activities. The science club utilizes the many features of the new science wing, such as the green house. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Mrs. Muller

Meeting day: First Wednesday of the month 2:30 P.M.

Meeting location: as advertised

Spanish Club

Expanding their knowledge and interest in the Spanish culture, the Spanish Book Club selects literary works that are read independently, then reviews them collectively. The students and advisor gather monthly to discuss the books chosen, examine other aspects of Spanish culture, discuss current events, and overall enjoy the Spanish culture. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Mrs. Slattery

Meeting day: as advertised

Meeting location: as advertised

Student Council

Elected student representatives from each of the four grades take on a variety of roles within the school community. Representatives discuss student concerns and ideas with administration, plan social activities, such as Cotillion and Heritage Day, and participate in several service projects. Student Council is an excellent way to get involved in the school community, as representatives are given the opportunity to take on leadership roles among their peers and teachers. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Mrs. Connolly & Sr. Pat

Meeting day: Tuesdays at 2:30 P.M.

Meeting location: Room 222

Students for Soldiers

Students for Soldiers is a club that will organize ways to give back to our troops. Students will write letters, make care packages, and show appreciation for those in uniform. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Sr. Mary Janice

Meeting day: One Monday a month at 2:30 P.M.

Meeting location: Room 307

Teens Acting for Social Change (T.A.S.C.)

Teens Acting for Social Change (TASC), seeks to learn how to address issues prominent in our society that affect teens. TASC works to learn how to create change within these issues. Originally founded with the intent to prove that teens can positively affect our society, the group acknowledges that issues regarding teens can be overlooked and that this must change. (via www.ndahingham.com )

Advisor: Ms. Carter

Meeting day: as advertised

Meeting location: room 226

Thespian Troupe #7966

Advisor: Ms. Russell

Meeting day: Tuesday-Thursday

Meeting location: auditorium

Ukulele Club

Advisor: Ms. Carter

Meeting day: as advertised

Meeting location: room 226

Chinese Traditional Instruments

Advisor: Mrs. Gentile

Meeting day: as advertised

Meeting location: as advertised

Echo (Yearbook)

Advisor: TBD

Meeting day: TBD

Meeting location: TBD

The Medallion

Advisor: Mrs. Callahan & Ms. Simmons

Meeting day: Mondays at 2:30 P.M.

Meeting location: library

National Honor Society

Advisor: Mrs. Coghlan

Language Honor Societies

Advisor: Mrs. Butler

VPA Honor Societies

Advisor: Mrs. Gentile, Ms. Grushkin, Ms. Russell

Students are encouraged to listen to daily announcements to learn more about these clubs.