The student news site of Notre Dame Academy - Hingham

The Medallion

A Successful Career Day

On Wednesday, March 9th, Notre Dame hosted Career Day and welcomed over 80 NDA alumnae and parents to discuss their careers with current students. Prior to Career Day, students were asked to indicate their preferred careers through a survey, and students were placed in three different career workshops based on their choices. After listening to these speakers, all participating alumnae and parents answered additional questions in the gym.

Junior students said:

“At Career Day, I learned about career paths I had not thought of before- it was very interesting and helpful. I went to the non-profit workshop, and I learned about the various different jobs available within a non-profit company. I think Career Day was beneficial because it definitely broadened my horizons.”

“I thought that Career Day was an excellent opportunity to be able to get insight on fields that I might want to pursue later in life.”

Personally, I took part in the health administration workshop, the communications and marketing workshop, and the non-profit workshop. I was very surprised by the vast variety of jobs represented. Before Career Day, I had not realized how many jobs existed. Becoming an advocate for bioethics in medicine was an intriguing option. It was very eye-opening to speak firsthand to people who work in various fields; it was also helpful to listen to the speakers discuss their journey to their current career and understand how they got where they are today. Because students knew that the speakers had been NDA students like them, it helped the students to realize that there are so many opportunities for them. Career Day was very informative and valuable for NDA students to have before going to college, and it helped shed light on different career possibilities that students may not have considered before.

• A Successful Career Day

School News

The 2017 Lenten Campaign

• A Successful Career Day

School News

Spirit Week

• A Successful Career Day

School News

Honors Environmental Science Collaborates with St. John’s Prep

• A Successful Career Day

School News

Junior Retreat 2016

• A Successful Career Day

School News

Close-Up 2016

• A Successful Career Day

School News

School Updates

• A Successful Career Day

School News

Another Successful Open House

• A Successful Career Day

School News

School Election Results

• A Successful Career Day

School News

The Senior Scoop: College Applications

• Opinion

Girl in the Green Kilt

A Successful Career Day