Catholic Schools Week

It’s that time of year again! For those who don’t know, Catholic Schools Week is a special week every winter that celebrates being part of a Catholic school. This year’s theme is “Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge, and Service.” To celebrate, Student Council came up with different events and activities coordinating with a mind, body, soul, and spirit theme to celebrate the joy of being part of a Catholic school!
MONDAY: Students will have the opportunity to decorate mandalas during free periods to help relax them at the beginning of a stressful week. Find mandalas and art supplies in Campus Ministry and in the cafeteria!

TUESDAY: We will be celebrating a special Catholic Schools Week Liturgy on Tuesday to fully embrace what it means to be a Catholic school

WEDNESDAY: Grab your dancing shoes! Student Council will be playing fun dance music during both lunches

THURSDAY: Student Council will be handing out prayer cards for some spiritual growth (and who doesn’t love a good prayer card?)

FRIDAY: Winner of the Penny Wars Announced!

PENNY WARS:
Throughout the week, Student Council will have jars in the cafeteria for each grade 9-12 and one jar for the Cuvilly Division (both 7th and 8th grades). Try to put as many pennies in your grade’s jar as you can—but don’t put anything other than pennies! Each penny is a point, but if you put anything other than a penny in, you will lose the number of points based on how many pennies the item is worth (so if you put in a dime, you lose 10 points, if you put in a dollar, you lose 100 points, etc.). This is where the strategy comes in—you can put dollars and other coins in the jars for different grades. At the end of each day, the total points for each grade will be tallied. The grade with the most points at the end of the week will win a prize! All money collected will be donated to our sister school, Notre Dame Del Cristo Rey High School in Lawrence.