The student news site of Notre Dame Academy - Hingham

The Medallion

Filed under Uncategorized

Restaurant Review – Ember

RestaurantReviewEmberA few months ago, my family and I decided to celebrate my Dad’s birthday by going out to dinner. I am a huge foodie, and the restaurant we ate at exceeded my expectations. My family decided to eat at Ember on 459 Plain Street in Marshfield. I had expected the spot to be very fancy and filled with mostly adults. The place was very modern and classy, yet had a casual feel. I did happen to see a few families with younger children. This came as a relief to my family because we are very loud and my younger brother and sister can never sit still in their seats when we go out to eat. The service there was wonderful. The food did not take long to come out after it was ordered, and the waitress was very helpful in sharing her opinion regarding her favorites out of the variety of choices on the menu.

My family and I enjoyed all the great things that we found at Ember, especially the food. We enjoyed a wonderful three course meal with an appetizer, entree, and dessert.

Appetizer:

The appetizer I choose to try was a delicious salad of romaine hearts, green peppercorn Caesar dressing, herb croutons, and white anchovies for $9. This salad was a great way to start off my meal. The best part was by far the dressing. It made the whole dish come together with a taste of peppercorn!

Entree:

For my entree, I choose an oven roasted chicken breast, roasted fingerling potatoes with candied garlic cream, broccolini, and red wine sauce for $25. This dish was  scrumptious! The chicken was cooked perfectly, as were the potatoes. It all came together in a bite of deliciousness with the broccolini and red wine sauce. This dish was pretty healthy and a grab meal. I would suggest it to anyone.

Dessert:

For dessert my whole family got the flour-less chocolate cake for $9. This cake is like no other. Not only is it literally flour-less, but is also delicious. This cake is served warm and has brandy infused cherries with it.

Ember was a great place to celebrate my Dad’s birthday. From the atmosphere, to the food, Ember has been described as a cross between a Manhattan and Californian restaurant. If anyone from the South Shore decides to try it, they will feel as if they traveled all while staying close to home. Try it out and see for yourself!

Let us know if you have visited a restaurant worth mentioning in the Medallion!

• Uncategorized

This Is Who I Wanna Be

• Restaurant Review – Ember

Uncategorized

The 2017 Lenten Campaign

• Uncategorized

Spring/Summer 2017

• Restaurant Review – Ember

Uncategorized

Spirit Week

• Restaurant Review – Ember

Uncategorized

Lady Gaga Lights Up the Super Bowl LI Halftime Show

• Restaurant Review – Ember

Uncategorized

Patriots vs. Falcons in Super Bowl LI

• Restaurant Review – Ember

Uncategorized

Duolingo Put to the Test: Month Two Update

• Restaurant Review – Ember

Uncategorized

Honors Environmental Science Collaborates with St. John’s Prep

• Restaurant Review – Ember

Uncategorized

Patriots Play Texans in AFC Playoffs

• Restaurant Review – Ember

Uncategorized

Stop The Stress

Restaurant Review – Ember